Craving for some food? These baked tortilla chip chicken bites are perfect as an appetiser or a light tummy-filler between meals.
You can use any brand of tortilla chips, though the plain or original variety is best to allow the natural flavours of the chicken and spices to come through.
- 115g tortilla chips
- 225g chicken strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- 3 dashes smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 205°C. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Crush the tortilla chips with a food processor and set aside in a bowl.
- Season the chicken with salt, ground black pepper and smoked paprika. Coat each chicken strip with all-purpose flour, shake off the excess, and dip it in the beaten egg.
- Next, coat the strip evenly with the crushed tortilla chips.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and repeat the steps until all the chicken is coated.
- Bake for 15 minutes and serve immediately with a dipping sauce.