Individuals who are eligible to receive a booster shot can soon register via walk-in, phone call or email to Vaccine Centres (PPV) of private health facilities nationwide starting from 22 November 2021.
According to a statement by the COVID-19 Promoter Immunization Task Force-Booster (CITF-B), they believe this will facilitate and encourage eligible individuals to voluntarily receive booster doses earlier, without having to wait long periods of time.
“Those who have successfully registered will be put on a waiting list first and will be contacted by the private medical practitioner involved if there is an appointment cancellation or ‘no show’ by those who have received a vaccine appointment on MySejahtera,”.
Registrations will be implemented for:
- Individuals who are eligible for booster doses
- Individuals who wish to get a shot in advance, before an appointment
- Individuals who have yet to receive their first or second dose of the Covid-19 vaccine
- Individuals who missed their vaccination appointment
- Adolescents between the ages of 12-17, who have not completed vaccinations
However, for the time being, priority will be given to:
- Health, safety and defence frontline officers
- Individuals aged 40 and above
- Individuals aged 18 and above with comorbidities
- Residents and staff at the Long Term Health Care Centre
- Pregnant women
- Those travelling abroad
For further details, you can refer to and contact the list of PPVs that provide walk-in, phone call and/or email registration services for appointments at www.protecthealth.com.my starting 22 November.