The Movement Control Order (MCO) announcement was recently made by the Defence Minister, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri and the different departments stood up to make their announcement regarding the SOPs too.
Here’s a compilation of what was released in these past few days, as well as the SOPs that one should take note of.
The very first thing that we should take note is that MCO had been imposed on these few places and as promised by the Government, they will be targeted districts that the risk of Covid-19 is high. These places are as follows:
- Petaling (6 May – 17 May)
- Hulu Langat (6 May – 17 May)
- Klang (6 May – 17 May)
- Gombak (6 May – 17 May)
- Kuala Langat (6 May – 17 May)
- Sepang (6 May – 17 May)
- Kuala Lumpur (7 May – 20 May)
After being cleared about the targeted districts that are under MCO, here comes the SOPs.
- Interstate travel for tourism purposes between areas under RMCO will not be allowed for now.
- Restaurants, food trucks, and eateries will be allowed to operate from 6am to 12am, despite that, no dine in is allowed.
- Schools in KL, Selangor and Putrajaya will be closed starting 6 May and 7 May. The closure will continue until the Raya holidays which is then followed by the previously announced two weeks of online learning.
- All Ramadan Bazaars in Selangor was ordered to close, despite only having 6 districts under MCO.
- Passengers in a vehicle will be limited to the number of passengers the vehicle is intended for.
- Inter-district travel is not allowed.
Apart from these, here’s a refreshing of what’s the previously imposed SOPs.
- Grocery stores, convenience stores and pharmacies are allowed to operate from 6am to 10pm.
- Petrol stations are allowed to operate from 6am to 10pm. However, petrol stations on highways are allowed to operate 24 hours.
- Hospitals and clinics are allowed to operate as usual.
- Daily markets, farmer markets and public markets are allowed to operate from 6am to 2pm.
The full list of the SOP can be found on the MKN website.
Let us all comply with the SOPs and stay safe! Together we will win Covid-19!