Senior Minister (Security) Hishammuddin Hussein stated, a total of six localities were subject to the tightened movement control order (PKPD) from August 7 to August 20.
He said, PKPD was imposed after examining the presentation by the Ministry of Health Malaysia (MOH) on risk assessment and trends of Covid-19 infection in the locality.
The implementation of PKPD from 7 August to 20 August is as follows:
- Perumahan Kilang Sawit Veetar, Tongod
- Kampung Baru Pasir Putih dan Kampung Wallace Bay, Pulau Sebatik, Tawau.
- Kampung Morak, Mukim Kebakat, Tumpat.
- Taman Nilam (Zon Biru), Mukim Kuah, Langkawi.
- FELDA Sungai Koyan 1 dan 2, Lipis.
PKPD extension from 7 August to 16 August as follows:
- Rumah Awam Kos Rendah (RAKR) Gong Pasir, Kampung Gong Pasir dan Taman Maidam, Dungun.
- Kompleks Penjara Bentong termasuk kuarters, Bentong.
- Kampung Joh dan Kampung Maka, Machang.
Termination of PKPD on 6 August
- Di Temerloh – Taman Bahagia, Taman Bahagia Indah, Taman Bahagia Makmur, Taman Bahagia Permai, Taman Bahagia Courts, seluruh Kampung Padang Lalang, Taman Perumahan Sri Kemuning, Flat Sri Kemuning, Taman Temerloh Jaya, Taman Temerloh Jaya Indah, Taman Makmur, seluruh FELDA Lakum, Kg Paya Keladan, Taman Keladan Indah
- Kampung Dewan Besar, Labok, Machang, Kelantan.
- Kampung Pukak, Mukim Tengah dan Projek Perumahan Rakyat (PPR) Gayang Ria, Mukim Berungis, Tuaran
- Kampung Gumandang, Kudat
- Kampung Lumatai Ulu, Beaufort
- Kampung Banting, Kampung Kawang dan Kampung Ulu Bole, Sipitang
Meanwhile, Hishammuddin said, 254 people were arrested for violating the SOP with 240 of them being compounded while 14 others were remanded.
He said 23 illegal immigrants (PATI) were detained and four land vehicles were also seized in Operation Benteng yesterday.