Have you heard of Enoki Butter Mushrooms, a popular recipe?
Yes, it’s a straightforward, inexpensive, and excellent meal with only two essential ingredients.
Even while the meal has been around for a while, it was only recently made popular in Malaysia when local actress Zarina Anjoulie (@zarinaanjoulie_) included it in one of her TikTok videos.
Zarina prepared hers to resemble a substitute for noodles, but butter enoki is more frequently consumed as an appetiser or side dish as opposed to a whole meal.
Since then, many people have attempted the straightforward recipe, and some have even given the meal the name Anju Butter Enoki.
How to make it
Enoki mushrooms and butter are the only two essential components. The remaining components are completely optional, so feel free to experiment adding or removing any items from the list.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Two packs of Enoki mushrooms (you can put more if you’d like)
- 2 slabs of Butter (depends on how many mushrooms you use)
- Bird’s Eye Chilli
- Chicken Stock
- Chilli flakes
- Separate the enoki mushrooms accordingly and cut the bottom part.
- Put the first slab of butter in the heated pan.
- Throw in the chopped garlic and bird’s eye chilli.
- Put in the mushrooms.
- Add in a little bit of water to make the gravy.
- Add in a few pinches of chicken stock according to your liking.
- Cook till the mushrooms look evenly coated and soft.
- Plate it and sprinkle some chilli flakes for garnish.
- Just before you eat it, squeeze a little bit of lemon on the dish and there you go.
This dish is really rather practical for making snacks while binge-watching Netflix or even an appetiser for a gourmet supper. If you’d like, you could even eat it with rice.
Give this dish a try and let us know what you think.