fbpx
Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Two young boys electrocuted to death while bathing at their Sepang home

Social NewsTwo young boys electrocuted to death while bathing at their Sepang home

Two brothers, aged nine and 10-year-old, died in a freak accident after being electrocuted while bathing in a basin in the yard of their house at Kampung Teras Jernang, Bangi on Friday (30 September).

In a statement, Sepang OCPD Asst Comm Wan Kamarul Azran Wan Yusof said the father is aware that his sons were bathing in a basin in their house compound, but the incident happened when he had gone out to buy things, and their mother was in the kitchen.

He discovered that his sons were not breathing when he came back.

Source: Astro Awani

“According to the father, his children died due to an electric shock that flowed from a metal clothes hanger,” he said.

Kamarul added that Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) had confirmed the source of the electricity was friction between a wire at the side of the house and the house’s zinc, which caused electricity to flow to the clothes hanger.

“Both victims were electrocuted from the clothes hanger which was in the bathing area,” he explained.

Kamarul said there were many metals placed haphazardly around the house as the father previously runs a workshop. After it was closed down, the unused items were brought back to the house.

The victims’ bodies have been sent to Hospital Serdang for post-mortem.

“We advise all parents to be careful and not let exposed wires or electrical appliances lying around unattended,” he said.

Meanwhile, the investigation is still ongoing and TNB said they will cooperate with the Energy Commission to figure out the cause of the incident.

“However, the initial investigation found that there was no incident where the line was disconnected from the TNB pole and hit the roof of the victim’s house as claimed by certain parties.”

“Therefore, TNB asks for the public’s cooperation not to speculate on the cause of the incident until the investigation is fully completed and out of respect for the victim’s family,” it said in a statement.

Trending now

- Advertisement -

Subscribe to our newsletter!

Recommended for you