Dato’ Sri Siti Nurhaliza made a huge splash with the music video debut for her new single “Lip Lap Raya”. The song was released in conjunction with this year’s Eid Al-Fitr celebration.
After the music video was uploaded on the iconic songstress’ YouTube channel yesterday (Thursday, 21st April), many netizens have been leaving mixed reactions to the quality of the song’s video. Not only that, one particular netizen noticed that several parts of the video bares a striking resemblance to Adele’s “Oh My God” MV!
The matter was first brought to light by a social media user known as Amcarrrrrr. He first uploaded a video on his TikTok, suggesting that the “Sesuci Lebaran” singer had copied the Grammy winner. At the time of writing (Friday, 22nd April), the TikTok post has been watched over 6,000 times (and counting).
Of course, netizens have a lot to say about the allegation. In this case, a few fans (known as Sitizoners) have come forward to defend Siti from the malicious commentators. On the other hand, there were also some who have taken to the comments section to criticise the award-winning singer.
Some of the remarks left by them include:
- “What I ordered vs What I got.”
- “Ooooffff i sense some copycat here.”
- “Since Siti’s the ambassador for Swarovski, she should’ve just collaborated with the brand to match with the ‘lip lap’ (bling bling) theme of the song.”
- “You don’t even have to use your brain for brainstorming. Earning money is easy nowadays.”
- “Siti has been cancelled ever since she gave birth to her second child, but I still want to retweet the video anyway.”
For those who are interested, you can compare the two videos for yourself below: (You can fast forward to 0:09, 0:55 and 2:22 for Siti’s video, and 0:09, 1:10, and 3:21 for Adele’s video.)