fbpx
Sunday, September 25, 2022
HomeNewsM'sians may soon no longer required to check-in their MySejahtera in public...

M’sians may soon no longer required to check-in their MySejahtera in public places

Malaysians may no longer need to check in their MySejahtera to access public places as soon as next month, said Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin.

According to a report by The Edge, Khairy revealed that the ministry is considering scraping the contact tracing requirement and the mobility data of residents and travellers when the country reopens its borders on 1 April. However, this will depend on the Covid-19 infection trend.

“A decision on this matter will take almost a month because we need to look at this trend.”

“If there are not many changes to the infection trend, we may drop the check-in function,” he said in the closing ceremony of the National Integrated Weight Management Programme and World Physical Activity Day 2022 yesterday (30 March).

This comes after a comment by the Malaysian Medical Association (MMA) that said it was time to scrap the practice of having to scan the MySejahtera application for check-ins, as the country transitions into the endemic phase from 1 April.

On 11 February, the government has drop the SOP that requires temperature checks and manual recording of personal particulars for entry into premises.

Commenting on the issue of the MySejahtera app ownership, Khairy said the Health Ministry (KKM) expects to finalise negotiations with the company that operates the application software platform in about a month’s time.

“The negotiation process is going on. But it is taking some time because it is quite technical,” he said, adding that he will provide an explanation on the matter at the Dewan Negara on Thursday (31 March).

The negotiations are being held after KKM sets up a price negotiation committee last year, aimed at negotiating the procurement price and management of MySejahtera application services with the company for two years, in line with the government’s procurement procedures.

Khairy added that the procurement had been agreed upon by the Ministry of Finance on 28 February and as of now, the negotiation process has started to ensure due diligence is carried out, as well as to protect the government’s interests.

Meanwhile, he reiterated that the data collected via the application is owned by the Health Ministry even if the platform is currently being run by a private firm.

RELATED ARTICLES

Leave a reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments