Thursday, February 2, 2023

Here’s How To Apply For The RM1,000 Flood Relief Aid From NADMA

Social NewsHere's How To Apply For The RM1,000 Flood Relief Aid From NADMA

The federal government has previously announced an RM1,000 aid or Bantuan Wang Ihsan (BWI) as a one-off measure to help cushion the victim’s losses during this current flood season.

In a frequently-asked-questions (FAQ) document released on its social media, the National Disaster Management Agency (NADMA) had clarified that the RM1,000 aid is only for each flood-hit house even if there may be more than one family living under the same roof.

Who is eligible?

NADMA said the RM1,000 aid will only be given to Malaysian citizens who are the head of the household, adding that the aid for each affected house instead of each family.

“Only one house which was involved is eligible to get the BWI once regardless of household/family,” NADMA explained.

In the FAQ, NADMA explained that in a scenario where several friends who had rented a house and where the rented house was hit by floods, only one of them are eligible to apply for the RM1,000 aid.

In addition, if the tenants of the flood-hit home had already apply for the RM1,000 aid, the landlord is not eligible to apply for the same aid.

Source: NST

How many times can you get the RM1,000 aid?

NADMA said the flood victims can only apply for the RM1,000 aid only once, even if the floods return during this disaster period.

“The eligibility for the flood disaster BWI is only given once during the disaster season period that has been declared. If the disaster happens more than once in the disaster period, then there will be no second, third or subsequent aid that will be given.” it said in the FAQ.

How do you apply for the RM1,000 aid?

This aid cannot be applied online and if you did not evacuate to temporary flood shelters or temporary evacuation centres (PPS), you will have to apply via your respective district offices and will have to apply either to your community leader or district officer.

If you were being evacuated to a PPS shelter, you should refer to the personnel or staff at the PPS.However, be mindful that this aid is only available for Malaysians.

However, be mindful that this aid is only available for Malaysians.

Source: Malay Mail

Documents for the application?

NADMA did not list down the actual documents required, but it only said the documents required for the application would depend on the type of applicants.

Those who had registered at a PPS with a Malaysian identity card do not need to make an application for the RM1,000 aid and it will be directly referred to the Social Welfare Department.

Those who had registered at a PPS without a Malaysian identity card and those who did not move to a PPS will both have to register with community leaders.

Meanwhile, those who had evacuated to a PPS that is not a gazetted temporary shelter, you can still apply for the RM1,000 aid but will have to register with community leaders such as the village head, Village Community Management Councils (MPKK) and Village Development and Security Committees (JKKK).

Applications have to be approved

The RM1,000 aid is subject to approval by the district officer as the chairman of the District Disaster Management Committee (JPBD).

The district officer has to verify that each application involves a victim who was truly affected by the floods.

The criteria for someone to fit in the definition of a “victim affected by the floods” and to then be considered to be given the RM1,000 aid, NADMA said the basic criteria would be when an incident fits the definition of “disaster” as outlined under the National Security Council’s Directive No. 20 and as verified by the district officer.

Read the FAQ from NADMA here:


Trending now

- Advertisement -

Subscribe to our newsletter!

Recommended for you