The Road Transport Department (JPJ) and the Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) are offering up to 80% off outstanding summonses from 9 December to 12 December.
According to the Ministry of Transport Malaysia‘s Facebook page, the initiative is in conjunction with the government’s 100-day ‘Aspirasi Keluarga Malaysia’ (Malaysian Family Aspiration) celebration.
“May Malaysians benefit from these discounts,” they wished.
The 80% discount will be offered to those with unpaid summonses issued in Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya, while a 70% discount will be given for summonses from other states
According to the police’s Traffic Investigation and Enforcement Department (JSPT), the discounts are applicable to all types of offences, except the ones listed below:
– Accident summonses in 2021
– Non-compoundable summonses
– Summonses that require court hearing
– Summonses for matters related to lorries
– Summonses for overtaking in a dangerous manner in 2021
– Summonses for driving on emergency lane in 2021
– Summonses for running red lights in 2021
– Summonses for overtaking on a double line in 2021
– Summonses for illegally modified exhausts
Meanwhile, a payment counter will be opened for the discount campaign at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC) during the four days. The counters will operate from 9am to 6pm from 9 December to 12 December.
JSPT said the discount applies only to summonses paid at the above location at the time and dates stated, and are subject to terms and conditions.
They also reminded all visitors to adhere to COVID-19 standard operating procedures, including wearing a face mask, sanitising frequently, and practise physical distancing while at the convention centre.