Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Three Men Arrested Over Fatal Fight For Stolen Speaker

Social NewsThree Men Arrested Over Fatal Fight For Stolen Speaker

The police have arrested 3 suspects including a father and son after breaking up a fight that broke out at Flat Ashby Road in Sungai Senam on Thursday (25 November).

According to FMT, Ipoh district police chief Yahaya Hassan said the arrests were made at the scene and all 3 suspects were brought to the Sungai Senam police station.

“Responding to information from the public, police rushed to the scene of the fight and successfully broke up the fight.” he said.

Meanwhile, there were claims on social media that the police did not act to stop the fight, which resulted in the man’s death. Another man was seen holding the victim in a chokehold.

Source: Facebook

“The action of the social media user in giving a negative statement, without knowing the facts, is irresponsible and regrettable.” Yahaya said.

He added that a police report has been filed by the police on the matter and the case is being investigated under Section 505(c) of the Penal Code and Section 233 of the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998.

“Investigation and identification of the individuals who were in the picture are ongoing.” he said.

“The Ipoh district police would like to emphasise that we always enforce the law fairly and professionally, especially in handling emergency situations like this, involving saving of a life.” he said.

Yahaya also said that spreading of false statements and baseless allegations through social media can affect the reputation and credibility of the police.

Meanwhile, NST reported that the incident is believed to have happened after the victim allegedly stole a portable speaker belonging to one of the suspects.

Perak police chief Datuk Mior Faridalathrash Wahid said the argument broke out which then resulted in a fight.

“The victim was believed to have been found with the speaker by the suspect. An argument then took place and one of the suspects strangled the victim’s neck from behind.”

“The victim, who also suffered from mental illness, died at the scene.” he said.

Yahaya said the 3 suspects will be remanded for 7 days until 2 December. He also urge the public to not spread false information or speculate on the incident.

Trending now

- Advertisement -

Subscribe to our newsletter!

Recommended for you