Are you curious of how much you’ve spent on shopping online?
The e-commerce platforms such as Shopee had been revolutionising our shopping patterns and it has become especially handy during the movement restrictions due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
All you need to do is simply connect to the Internet and search for the items you need, and with just a few buttons, you’ll be able to obtain the item that you wanted without stepping out of your home.
With this convenience, the total amount that we’ve spent on these online portals should be pretty high. If you are curious about the amount, simply follow the steps below!
There is currently no specific option within these e-commerce platforms that showed you the total amount you’ve spent on the platform. However, if you are a regular user of Shopee, a Malaysian has created a tool that you can use to easily find out the grand total you’ve spent on the platform!
Follow the steps below to use the code:
- Copy Ahmad Saiful’s line of code here from the github website.
- Open Shopee on your PC’s browser (preferably Google Chrome) and login to your account.
- Right click anywhere on the Shopee website and select ‘Inspect element’.
- There will now be a new window on the right of your browser with all the elements and code of the website you’re viewing.
- Go to the ‘console’ command at the bottom of the window, paste the code and press enter.
- The code will now run and list down all the purchases that you’ve made on Shopee.
- After all the items are listed down, the code will then automatically calculate the total amount you’ve spent on Shopee!
Isn’t it simple? However, you’ll need to take note that if you ordered multiple items within a single order, only the first item would be listed.
Meanwhile, you’ll need not to worry about the security or data leak as this code will only alter from Shopee website’s API locally. It simply mean that it is totally safe.
Nonetheless, the only thing that is not safe about the code is that you may have a heart attack on how much you’ve spent on Shopee!
What do you think about this? Share your thoughts!