The Ministry of Health (KKM) said in a tweet today (21 September) that individuals who wish to quarantine at home can apply through the www.moh.gov.my website starting 21 September at 8am.
With that said, quarantine at home upon arrival in Malaysia is permitted provided they make an application 7-10 days before entering the country.
Applications for arrivals from 28 September onwards will need to be made on the HQA portal.
Some of the criteria to follow are as below:
Who is eligible?
- Individuals who are fully vaccinated
- Individuals whose home or residence are suitable based on risk evaluation
- Individuals with a negative Covid-19 PCR test within three days of departure
- Valid identification card (IC) and vaccination certificate must be provided
- Applications must be made 7-10 days before the date of entry into Malaysia
Upon arrival in Malaysia, they need to:
- Undergo a Covid-19 PCR test.
- Present approval letter for Home Quarantine.
- Travellers qualified for Home Quarantine will be issued a wristband or digital tracker.
- Travellers will be classified as Person Under Surveillance (PUS) and status will be shown on their MySejahtera app.
- Travellers must quarantine for 14 days.
- Travellers in quarantine must complete the Home Assessment Tool in the MySejahtera app every day.