After months of lockdown, the Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Ismail Yaakob finally announces that the whole of Klang Valley, including Selangor, Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya will be moving forward to Phase 2 of the National Recovery Plan (NRP) starting Friday (10 September).
In addition, he said that interdistrict travel between Selangor, KL, and Putrajaya will now be allowed too.
“I’m sure this is a long-awaited news, especially for all the residents of Klang Valley who have cooperated very well.” he said.
Meanwhile, he said the residents in Klang Valley will enjoy the SOP relaxations that is same as other states in Phase 2, as determined by the National Security Council (MKN).
These relaxations include:
- Interdistrict travel for fully vaccinated individuals
- Interstate travel for long distance married couples who are fully vaccinated
- Interstate travel for fully vaccinated parents to meet their children below 18 years of age
- Dine-in for fully vaccinated customers
- Tourist activities within the state for the fully vaccinated
On the other hand, Ismail also said the SOP on sports and recreational activities will be relaxed for states in Phase 1.
Starting 10 September, indoor and outdoor sports and recreation facilities, except gyms, will be allowed to operate by appointment basis for fully vaccinated customers.
Florists and nurseries, hardware stores, and property sales galleries will also be allowed to operate too.
However, more relaxations will be given to hairdressers and saloons in Phase 2 and Phase 3 states.
What do you think about this? Share your thoughts!
Read the statement from Ismail Sabri here: