fbpx
Tuesday, October 4, 2022
HomeNewsMan in Sabah threatens to Burn Down Ex-Boss' House after being Fired

Man in Sabah threatens to Burn Down Ex-Boss’ House after being Fired

Yesterday (1 September), a man was being arrested by the police following his threats to burn down his former employer’s house after getting fired earlier in Sabah’s southwestern Beaufort district.

According to Berita Harian, the incident was reported to have happened at 8 a.m. on Tuesday (31 August), where the suspect, an Indonesian national, when he marched into his former employer’s house in Kampung Siaun Menumbok armed with a machete.

The suspect, in his 30s shouted for the former employer, his wife and children to come out of the house when he arrived.

However, only the man’s 18 year-old son was at home and he contacted his father before making a police report.

In an interview, Beaufort Police Chief, Yusoff Zaki Mat Yaacob said the suspect was a former employee at the man’s oil palm plantation.

He said the suspect got fired as he was reportedly lazy and was allegedly involved in drug abuse.

“The suspect was upset over being sacked and came to his employer’s house with a machete to show how he felt.”

“A few minutes later, the plantation owner returned home and he received a WhatsApp message from the suspect stating that he would burn down his house.” he said.

Yusof added that the police managed to track down the suspect and detained him at the roadside at Jalan Kuala Penyu – Menumbok in Kampung Kayul at 7.40 p.m.

“Investigations are still undergoing and the suspect has not made any confession.”

“The case is being investigated under Section 506 for making criminal threats.” he said.

RELATED ARTICLES

Leave a reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments