The Jaringan Prihatin is one of the Malaysian Government’s efforts to help the underprivileged families to allow them to have access to the Internet for work or education purposes.
The Government had partnered with several service providers to Jaringan Prihatin packages. Check out these packages rolled out by YES!, Digi, Maxis, Celcom, unifi Mobile and redONE respective.
Each of them comes with their advantages and disadvantages. Hence, it’s best for you to choose the right package for yourself!
YES! provides free data, and if you do not have a smartphone, they’ll give you one for free! They even threw in goodies like a RM50 Shopee voucher and some education applications.
Again, YES! is providing all of these free of charge! There is no application fees and the data provided will be valid for 12 months. You can literally apply and get the smartphone and SIM card right away.
On the other hand, Digi is providing a monthly rebate of RM15 for up to 12 months to individuals from the B40 group, where families from the B40 group can claim for their Samsung Galaxy A02 mobile phone for free, and at the same time enjoy a monthly rebate of RM15.
For you to apply for the plan, families from the B40 group will need to pay a deposit of RM100. Unlike the plan from YES!, those who choose Digi will need to pay a monthly fee, instead of being provided completely free of charge.
Maxis’s package is similar to Digi’s. However, Maxis does not provide free Data and they provide more support options. No matter which package you choose, you’ll be entitled to a monthly rebate of RM15 and a mobile phone allowance of RM180 or RM300.
Furthermore, you’ll have an option to choose the phone that is suitable for yourself, but with a small fee.
Celcom’s package is somehow a combination of Digi and Maxis. All B40 users who choose Celcom will be able to get a mobile phone for free or at a low price, and get a monthly rebate of RM15.
However, unlike Maxis, Celcom only offers three packages to choose from, namely XP Lite + Pas L, XP Lite + Pas M and XP Lite.
5. Unifi Mobile
Unifi Mobile provides only 2 options for the B40 group and they are the completely free unifi BEBAS prepaid package and the unifi Mobile 39 package which receives a RM15 rebate.
According to the official website, unifi BEBAS Prepaid will be completely free and will provide 1GB of 4G data every day. At the same time, 2GB of data will be obtained every month. If you add it up, unifi BEBAS Prepaid will provide up to 32GB of 4G data in one month!
Alternatively, if you choose the unifi 39 Postpaid package, you can get 30GB of additional data every month, plus 5GB of package data. However, if you choose the unifi 39 Postpaid package, users need to pay a monthly fee of RM24 every month.
RedONE does not provide many choices for its users. Users can either choose the BPR38 package with a contract of up to 12 months, or choose the ordinary package.
However, redONE isn’t very generous in this matter, as the user chooses the BPR38 package, the user still needs to pay for the registration fee and mobile phone fee, and they will be bound by the contract for 12 months.
In terms of other Prihatin initiatives, redONE increases the monthly data in the package instead of giving B40 a monthly rebate.
- Individual: Comes with a phone number, 15GB of data per month, plus a RM50 Shopee discount voucher. Monthly fee: completely free
- Family: Comes with phone, 30GB data per month, plus RM50 Shopee discount voucher. Monthly fee: completely free
- Individual: bill rebate RM15, monthly data 30GB. Monthly fee: RM20
- Family: Comes with Samsung Galaxy A02, a bill rebate of RM15, and 30GB of monthly data. Monthly fee: RM20 ; down payment : RM100
- Individual: Multiple packages are available. Monthly bill rebate of RM15. Anyone who subscribes Hotlink 60 Postpaid package or above can get a mobile phone allowance of RM180. Monthly fee: depends on the package
- Family: Multiple packages are available. Monthly bill rebate of RM15. Anyone who subscribes Hotlink 60 Postpaid package or above can get a mobile phone allowance of RM300. Monthly fee: depends on the package
- Individual: RM20 rebate for post-paid bills , RM180 rebate for mobile phones; RM15 discount for prepaid packages . Monthly fee: depends on the package
- Family: RM20 rebate for post-paid bills , RM300 rebate for mobile phones; RM15 discount for prepaid packages . Monthly fee: depends on the package
unifi Mobile *Note: Unifi personal and family rebate amounts are the same
- Postpaid package: unifi Postpaid 39 package, 5GB+30GB data per month, and a bill rebate of RM15. Monthly fee: RM24
- Prepaid package: unifi BEBAS, 2GB data per month + 1GB data per day, total data up to 32GB. Monthly fee: completely free
redONE *Note: The amount of redONE personal and family rebate is the same
- BPR38 special package: up to 35GB data, free mobile phone. Down payment : RM100 or RM160 , registration fee: RM30 , monthly fee: RM38, contract: 12 months
- Other packages: add data worth RM15. Monthly fee: depends on the package
If you looking for a completely free Internet package, you are adviced to choose Yes4G or unifi Mobile, as packages from other service providers will require a small monthly fee.
However, it is worth mentioning that the coverage of Yes4G and unifi Mobile is limited, so users should make sure that their home is in the coverage before choosing!