In conjunction with the Federal Territory Day, Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin had in the live conference wished everyone a happy Federal Territory Day. PM Muhyiddin had taken this opportunity to announce the City Poverty Program (5 MY) to help tackle the extreme poverty in Federal Territories.
The 5 MY programme consists of the following initiatives, benefitting the residence of the Federal Territories.
It is estimated that around 35,000 people and 331 households had benefitted from this 5 MY programme last year.
If you are unfamiliar with the concept of the 5 MY, here’s a brief description on how it is being carried out.
- [email protected] – State government had prepared 3,259 jobs in the capital, where these jobs covers several sectors and industries.
- [email protected] – This involves a moving market concept where they will be servicing 30 locations in Kuala Lumpur. The good sold here are 5% to 20% cheaper than the regular market.
- [email protected] – School buses will be prepared in low-cost housing areas, where it is expected to help 9,704 students.
- [email protected] – Free medical services will be offered to those living in low-cost housing in Kuala Lumpur.
- [email protected] – Essential products will be provided 32,000 households from the B40.
Apart from the 5 initiatives, [email protected] will be contributing a total of 5,750 packs of free rice to the families from the B40 group in the Federal Territories every week.
Furthermore, the Government will be will increasing its efforts to review aid receivers so that eligible individuals are not left out. Currently, most of the receivers are from Program Perumahan Rakyat (PPR).
Lastly, PM Muhyiddin said that the PN Government will continue its efforts to make Malaysia a sustainable, fair, equal and inclusive country.